Keep Cool With the Right AC Unit for You!
When efforts at routine maintenance or system repair won’t quite do the trick, it might be time to replace your air conditioning system. When that day arrives, you should our trained experts to help you find the right setup for your needs, to handle the installation and to assist with any ongoing maintenance. Niagara Falls and surrounding area neighbors choose Evans Heating & Cooling!
Let our team of friendly professionals help you understand your options and choose the one that works best for your home. Call Evans Heating & Cooling at (905) 354-4424 today to schedule your free consultation!
Why Might You Need a New Air Conditioning Unit?
Most AC systems are designed to last around 10-15 years with proper maintenance and average usage. As a system ages, it might:
- Lose efficiency — Seals might loosen or minor leaks could develop, which could lead to an increase in your energy costs.
- Require repairs — Some minor issues may be easy to fix while others might require major intervention which could be less economical than replacing the system.
- Fail to keep up with your cooling needs — Additions to the family or medical requirements might dictate the need for a cooler environment.
Another reason our customers often replace their AC units comes in the form of construction and expansion. Adding a new room or two to your home is an exciting prospect; however, if your current air conditioning system was calculated on your home’s original size, you will need to replace it with a higher capacity unit to accommodate the new construction.
What Air Conditioning System Should You Choose?
Our expert, licensed staff can help you make the right choice for your family’s needs. We will consider your location, your comfort preferences and your existing setup before making a recommendation.
Replacing your AC unit in Niagara Falls, ON, typically costs between $1,750-$3,225.
As your HVAC pro considers the best fit for your home, many factors may influence the total project price:
- Efficiency rating (also known as SEER) recommended for your home (and our local climate in Niagara Falls).
- Whether you will need additional components, like a new pad or ductwork.
- Ease of installation for your particular home.
- Type and brand of the unit.
To learn more about our replacement services or to have us build an estimate, contact the experts at Evans Heating & Cooling today!
Niagara Falls homeowners deciding whether to repair or replace their air conditioning system need to consider the repairs’ cost versus the benefits of a new system.
Things to consider:
- Enhanced efficiency. Over time, a new unit may save you money on utility costs and repair costs.
- The remaining life span of your current unit. If your existing AC system is nearing the end of its useful service life, it may be time to consider a new system.
If your current unit is relatively new and repair costs are low, it usually makes sense to repair it.
In Niagara Falls, ON, the average residential air condition system should last for 15-20 years. Routine professional maintenance may help to extend that life span even longer.
Beyond maintenance, many factors can influence the expected life span, including:
- The unit’s location and exposure to the elements.
- How hard the unit has had to work over its lifespan.
- The overall number of cycles (system start and stops).
To learn more about our maintenance solutions or see if it's worth keeping your old air condition system around for another season, contact us today!