Boiler Installation - Niagara Falls, Fonthill & St. Catharines
Having a high quality boiler is of the utmost importance, especially in a place like Ontaro! Boilers work by converting hot water into steam that is then circulated through pipes in your home and then released through radiators, making them very efficient. Modern units are even more productive, meaning a replacement conserves loads of energy and will save you a significant amount on future bills!
Make sure your boiler installation is done right the first time, by calling Evans!
Give us a call at 905-354-4424, for a boiler installation you can rely on.
A boiler replacement typically costs $7,938. You could spend anywhere between $4,290 and $10,070 for a boiler, with the following factors affecting price:
- Size: larger boilers are more expensive.
- Fuel type: The majority of boilers run on heating oil, natural gas, or propane, but some also use electricity or wood.
- Brand: While most boilers are priced similarly regardless of the brand, some high-tech brands are more expensive.
- Installation: Various fuel types have varying installation requirements. The price increases with labor intensity.
- System type: Some systems are more complex than others due to the way boilers heat and store water, which also affects labor and installation costs.
Always work with a qualified boiler installer who possesses the necessary skills and technical knowledge. Technical and safety standards must be met at all times. A poorly installed gas boiler could be extremely dangerous in addition to being inefficient. To ensure that the heating engineer is fully insured with public limited liability, request to see their credentials.
The assistance of friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers is also possible. Try to get recommendations from as many people as you can. After that, get three quotes from reputable companies. The work that will be done and what is included in the price should be specified in each quote.
British Thermal Units, or BTUs, are used to measure the boiler's capacity. The amount of energy shown here is what it would take to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit. Based on its location and climate, the number of windows and doors, the quality and quantity of insulation in the walls and ceilings, and other factors, each building has a specific BTU requirement.
A simple guideline for calculating BTU needs is to estimate that in a cold climate, interior space needs 50 BTU per square foot, in a moderate climate 35 BTU per square foot, and in a hot climate 20 BTU per square foot.
Some common signs to look out for that signify you need a replacement include:
- Your unit is over 10 years old.
- Your boiler repeatedly shuts off without warning.
- Multiple leaks within your unit.
- The pilot light is always on.
- Your radiators are not hot.
- You notice your energy bill significantly increasing.
Unlike furnaces, boilers tend to use less fuel to heat your home, are extremely quiet, and do not require filters which means less cleaning! Additionally; because they do not push air throughout your home, allergens and other airborne particles will not be circulated along with the air you breathe.
New Boiler Options
It can be difficult to decide on a boiler that best suits your needs, but one thing is for sure: you want the best quality. Evans provides top quality products from Lennox, so you can choose from a variety of units in the product line.
Reasons to Choose Evans
Here at Evans, we want to make sure you receive the best quality comfort system, regardless of your budget or your home’s unique layout. When you select us, you can count on:
- Courteous, friendly service.
- Courteous, qualified technicians.
- Versatile payment options.
- Extensively trained professionals.
- Opportunities to provide feedback.