Professional Boiler Maintenance For You Niagara Falls, Fonthill Or St. Catharines Home
Stay ahead of the game with regular boiler maintenance. You have a lot of worries as a homeowner that something could go wrong, and that you’ll have to find and pay for a solution. Let Evans Heating & Cooling help alleviate a lot of that worry by looking after one of the biggest systems in your home—your boiler. With regular preventative tuneups, you can enjoy reliable heat without the backburner fear that something may go wrong.
Join our Comfort Club to enjoy even more boiler maintenance benefits.
Call us at 905-354-4424 to give your boiler the proper care you deserve with your first maintenance visit!
A boiler service may aid in ensuring that your boiler and central heating system are as productive as possible. The servicing normally takes no more than an hour, depending on the appliance.
A typical boiler servicing checklist will contain the following items:
- Visual examination
The engineer will physically evaluate the boiler, clean and adjust components as needed, search for signs of corrosion, and detect any apparent indicators of distress.
- Control and operation
Your boiler's controls and safety mechanisms will be examined to ensure proper functioning. If necessary, an engineer will ensure that all of the boiler components are operational.
- Flue and combustion emissions
The technician will inspect the flue's structure, termination, and course. They will verify that the flue terminals are clear of blockages and that the pipe is properly installed.
- Thoroughly clean the principal boiler components.
The technician will remove, check, and clean the boiler's major components to verify they are suitable for their function and free of visible flaws. The primary burner, heat exchanger, flue ways, and ignition pins will all be included.
If you do not have your boiler serviced on a regular basis, you may have more frequent problems and malfunctions. If an electrical component is loose, the pumps aren't operating correctly, or any safety switches are failing, you may not notice it until it's too late, when the boiler fails.
It’s also very common to accumulate corrosion. Because boilers contain water and water vapor, mineral and limescale deposits will form in many areas of the boiler, including the heat exchanger. If these deposits are not removed on a regular basis, they might accumulate and obstruct the flow of water.
A thorough examination of a boiler costs between $70 and $125, while cleaning costs between $150 and $350. A boiler repair costs between $150 and $700 on average. Annual gas boiler maintenance costs between $200 and $500 for a tune-up, cleaning, and repairs.
Top Reasons to Get Annual Boiler Maintenance
Peace of mind is a great reason to have regular tuneups performed on your boiler, but by far, it isn’t the only one! Other reasons include:
- Home Safety - Every year, unmaintained boilers cause serious injury. Most of these accidents are due to carbon monoxide poisoning, which is an invisible, odorless gas. A faulty boiler can emit too much carbon monoxide. Having your boiler regularly checked and adjusted will help keep your family out of harm’s way.
- Energy & Money Savings - If you thought turning down your thermostat when you were away was the only way to cut heating costs, you’ll be happy to learn regular service can do this for you as well. A well-tuned boiler will work more efficiently and demand less energy. It will also help you avoid big boiler repairs.
- Increased Comfort - When your boiler is heating effectively, you’ll feel it!
- Warranty & Insurance Compliance - Many boiler manufacturers and home insurance companies require that you have regular, professional tuneups in order to meet their requirements for warranty and insurance coverage.
Start With an Easy Tuneup From Evans
At Evans, we take pride in being the best we can be regarding skill, attitude and workmanship. These qualities allow us to excel in providing comfort services to Niagara Falls, Fonthill, St. Catharines and the surrounding areas.