Evans Heating and Air Conditioning is the HVAC company that Pelham, ON knows they can trust in their homes to get the job done correctly.
Read about the experiences of our Pelham, ON heating and air conditioning customers for furnace repair, air conditioning repair and many more services.
Some signs you might need a new water heater for your home in Pelham include:
- Over 10 years old - If the water heater is acting up and is over ten years old, it might be time for a new one as they typically last about ten years.
- Hot water runs out quickly - When there never seems to be enough hot water and it is just getting worse, it might be a sign of decline in your unit.
- Brown and rusty water - If the water that is coming out is rusty, your heater is rusting from the inside and should probably be replaced.
- Strange noises - As sediment builds up over time, it will eventually harden, causing your water heater to make rumbling or banging noises.
- Leaks and pools of water - A tank that is leaking most likely needs to be replaced.
If you are having issues with your water heater, call on the experts at Evans! We service all areas of water heaters and can determine if all you need a simple fix or a total replacement. Our customer’s satisfaction is guaranteed. Contact us online today!
The lifespan of an air conditioner is between 15 - 20 years. How long the unit lasts depends on a few factors:
- Quality of the unit - Higher quality units that were installed properly to begin with typically last longer.
- Reasonable usage - Air conditioners put under excessive stress for long periods of time will not last as long. For instance, running the air at 65 degrees when the temperature outside is 100 degrees will harm your unit over time.
- Well maintained - Annual maintenance service extends the life of your unit by helping it run more smoothly and avoid major repairs.
Is your air conditioner causing you concern? We are here to help! Contact Evans online today and one of our certified technicians will be in touch with you promptly.
There are so many options out there when it comes to heating and cooling your Pelham home that the decision of which HVAC unit to purchase can seem an overwhelming one. Here are a few tips to help:
- Get the right size unit for your home - Bigger isn’t always better, especially when dealing with HVAC units. You might think that a bigger unit will keep your home cooler, but unfortunately that is not the case. Oversizing can cause more frequent problems with equipment, less humidity control, using too much energy and cycling off before the air circulates.
- Consider spending the extra money for quality - While a certain unit may be more expensive upfront, the potential cost savings down the road could be worth it if it will keep energy costs down and not have frequent repair issues.
- Upgrade your thermostat - Analog models are known for being unreliable and inaccurate. Newer options include digital and programmable, as well as smart thermostats, that will give you better performance and more comfort.
For expert advice on HVACs, contact Evans online today! We are happy to answer your questions or provide a free estimate on installation on one of the quality units we work with.